Is your child a picky eater?
Uplift Therapy Center can help. Our interdisciplinary team of Occupational and Speech Therapists and Nutritional Educators assess and provide feeding therapy to children who struggle to eat a variety of food types and adequate volume.
Unsure if your child would benefit from therapy?
Feeding therapy is recommended if:
- Child who has a low volume of oral intake
- Child who has poor weight gain
- Child who has a limited variety of tastes and textures in diet
- Child who has difficulties transitioning to advanced textures
- Child who demonstrates food refusal
- Child who has maladaptive behaviors around eating
- Families who power struggle at meals
At Uplift Therapy Center, we believe that feeding therapy should be FUN!
We strongly believe that children learn best through PLAY, and therefore the most effective feeding therapy happens when we use food to play with a purpose to teach new skills. Our therapists are trained in The SOS (Sequential-Oral-Sensory) Approach to Feeding, which is designed to assess and address all the factors involved in feeding difficulties, including oral-motor, sensory, cognitive, and behavioral components.
Our goal is that your child will:
- Learn to have positive experiences with food
- Learn mealtime routines and cues to eating
- Decrease resistance to touching, tasting, and swallowing food
- Increase the range of foods your child will try
- Increase the volume of foods ingested
Get in Touch with the Uplift Therapy Center
Uplift Therapy Center provides pediatric occupational therapy and speech & language services. Our licensed and compassionate team members are here to support families and children of all ages. If you are not sure whether your child may benefit from our services, call us to schedule a free consultation. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.